Friday, April 13, 2012

Time and Place for everything (or why people have no clue

Time and Place for everything (or why people have no clue)

A couple of nights ago I was at a charity fundraiser . The majority of people were wearing business suit and tie. Seated at my table was a young sales representative from a Sydney radio station who was wearing a casual shirt and jeans. Of course we ribbed him about it, he was clearly embarrassed and yet he remained at the table albeited somewhat uncomfortable.
Personally I would have left or disappeared quietly to come back properly dressed. Clearly he is clueless and has no idea how to read an invitation.

Last night I was in an upmarket bar overlooking the Sydney harbour bridge, a nice little place called the Horizon bar at the Shangrila hotel and my table was joined by some football friends of one of my party. The language and the stories that these Neanderthals used was atrocious. These are locker room stories and locker room language, not one for upmarket bars where there are ladies. I'm not a fuddy duddy, but you have to draw the line. I quietly excused myself and moved to another table with other people I knew.
Clearly these football meat heads are clueless when it comes to social graces.

Yesterday I drove past a train station and saw a woman get out of her car to close the trunk after kissing her husband goodbye. She was wearing her pyjamas with a nightgown and big fluffy slippers, her hair was in curlers. If this is the way she says goodbye to her partner I hope that he has some action going on at the office . I also hope her car breaks down at a busy intersection so she will have to get out and will suffer the embarrassment of being dressed inappropriatly. Clearly this woman is a lazy slob who is clueless when it comes to getting dressed to leave your house. Did she intend on going back to bed as soon as she got home?

Yesterday I was jogging along the waterfront next to the Parramatta River when two middle aged women with poodles came towards me, I moved to the left to pass them by and I noticed that they themselves continued to walk taking up the whole sidewalk and not budging an inch for me to pass. They seemed to think I would move to the side and onto the grass.
I kept on going and as I ran past one of the women shouldered me, I gored this rude act and kept going but it made me think to myself how strange and selfish these two old biddies were. I had conceded the path and moved to the side but this didn't matter to them, they felt they have a right to own the sidewalk and how dare a runner take their space.
Clearly these women are selfish and conceited in their space in the big bad city and whilst on this occasion nothing was said or done I can guarantee that a more aggressive person will have some harsh words with them. Their day is coming.

There is a time and place for everything in this big wonderful world of ours and when people get this fact they can truly evolve to a greater species. Till then I guess we need to handle the weak and feeble minded with grace and simply move on for they know not what they do.